Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Potluck in Perryville -- Crab Legs!

The Boy as a dinosaur in the Christmas play.

We made salt dough ornaments in class.

School let out 20 minutes ago.  I am officially on break!!!  Yay!  Of course, in 2 hours there's a volleyball tournament.... so I'm staying at school and working in the room until then.

The Girl made it home last Friday.  We are so thrilled that we are all back together again.  Splitting up the family was not something we had bargained for when we moved to Alaska. Understand... it was the best choice for everyone last summer but it's really been hard for us to all be in different places.

We are staying in Perryville for the break.  We don't have to be back at school until January 10 -- for teacher in-service.  The students will be back on the 11th.  I have lots of plans for the break.  I need to go through all the school tubs that I have packed across Alaska.  I need to clean out cabinets in the classroom.  I need to straighten up the storage closet at home.  I need to finish my own bedroom.  How does laundry accumulate that way?! 

Tomorrow is cooking day for us.  I am so happy that our order from Mr. Prime Beef came today.  Our freezer is way empty.  They delivered it to PenAir last week and then it just sat in the freezer in Anchorage.  I was afraid it would be next week or later before we would get it.  I got hamburger, shrimp, ribeye steaks and chicken.  We've been to MPB in Anchorage but we've never ordered from them.  I'll let you know how it is.

The Christmas play was last night.  It was cute but really short.  Probably the shortest in history.  It was about Santa and dinosaurs.  The costumes/props turned out well and the kids were happy.  Every student in the school participated.  The school had a potluck afterwards.  Someone brought crab legs.  I didn't try them but I did make pics --- you just don't see a lot of crab at a potluck in OK.  There was a lot of fish pie and dried fish.  The school fixed 2 turkeys.  All in all, there was a lot of food and everyone seemed to have a good time.  I went home with a fistful of cards and 3 handmade doilies that are beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment